Cross compiling (i386 from amd64) with distutils

Jason jason.heeris at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 19:55:36 EST 2010

On Nov 8, 8:30 am, "Martin v. Loewis" <mar... at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> At a minimum, you should be using the target's python binary. distutils
> has close-to-none cross-compiling support.

Do you know if virtualenv allows installing a Python environment with
a different architecture than that of the system Python install? I
suspect not, but maybe there's an option I don't know about.

> You can solve some of the
> problems by editing the Makefile which it uses to learn the compiler
> options from.

I don't understand this - do you mean I should edit the Makefile in
the actual distutils package, and somehow use that in my project
instead of setup.py?

— Jason