Compare source code

Mark Wooding mdw at distorted.org.uk
Sun Nov 7 07:57:13 EST 2010

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> writes:

> I would never do that. “Conserving vertical space” seems a stupid reason for
> doing it.

Vertical space is a limiting factor on how much code one can see at a
time.  I use old-fashioned CRT monitors with 4x3 aspect ratios and
dizzyingly high resolution; I usually work with two columns of code, but
can get four if I give up on things like xterms.  I still find it rather
limiting: I have to remember everything which won't fit on the screen.

I've no idea how people manage with these ridiculous widescreen monitors.

-- [mdw]