decimal.py ver 2.6,2.7 not working with python 2.7

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Nov 5 16:57:44 EDT 2010

On 11/5/2010 3:14 PM, robert roze wrote:

> Aha! yes, you figured it out. My PYTHONPATH env variable had an
> old experiment in it, which happened to be called
> numbers.py. Take it out, and decimal.py works fine.

Python has a large test suite in Lib/test, which includes
test_decimal.py. It is run daily on several machines, and must pass
before any release. So a gross failure like an import failure is very
likely due to a local cause.

<chris>
>>What does the following output for you?:
>>
>>import numbers
>>print(numbers.__file__)
>>print(dir(numbers))

These are good test steps for any gross module failure.

--
Terry Jan Reedy