Compare source code

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Nov 4 17:04:55 EDT 2010

On 11/4/2010 4:17 AM, Seebs wrote:

I am sorry you feel compelled to use a language you so dislike. Not our
fault though.

> Other languages I use are mostly amenable to the development of tools
> to automatically indent code.  Makefiles and Python are the only two
> exceptions...

If you add the normally redundant information in the form of explicit
dedents (anything starting with '#' and distinguishable from normal
comments), then it is not too hard to re-indent even after all indents
have been removed. I believe this has been dome more than once. By using
a stylized comment, the augmented code runs without preprocessing. I
also believe at lease one person has written a preprocessor for
'python-with-braces'.

--
Terry Jan Reedy