Compare source code

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Thu Nov 4 14:39:04 EDT 2010

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:55:55 +0000 (UTC)
Tim Harig <usernet at ilthio.net> wrote:
> What Seebs is refering to is that it is difficult or impossible to
> re-indent Python source automatically after the indent structure has been
> broken (such as his email being converted to html on the server or a web

Right.  If you mangle spaces in Python or mangle braces in C then
recovery becomes impossible.  I don't think anyone is contesting that.
What we question is the idea that somehow Python is special in this
regard.  If you move files around in ways that change them then your
tools are broken.  The fact that the breakage is somewhat "friendlier"
to some types of files is interesting but irrelevant.  What would you
say to a file transfer program that changed Word documents?  What about
executable files?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves