Compare source code

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Nov 4 13:27:51 EDT 2010

On 2010-11-04, Neil Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:
> On 2010-11-04, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net> wrote:
>>> * Not being able to write an auto-indenter, ever, because it
>>> is by design theoretically impossible:  Annoying.
>>
>> Right.  And in C you can never write an auto-bracer for exactly
>> the same reason.
>
> It's not right, actually. Auto-indent is fairly easy in
> Python. Auto-dedent is the impossible part.

I think in common usage the term "auto-intender" refers to a program
that can automatically control source indentation (which inclulde both
"indenting" and "dindenting" source lines).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm having BEAUTIFUL
                                  at               THOUGHTS about the INSIPID