Compare source code

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue Nov 2 21:35:44 EDT 2010

On 03 Nov 2010 01:20:40 GMT
Seebs <usenet-nospam at seebs.net> wrote:
> However, I have probably seen all of two or three bugs ever related to
> mis-indented C, and I've had various things screw up or wreck indentation

Really?  I have never seen bugs in C related to indentation.  I have
seen plenty related to braces.  What I have seen is bugs hidden by the
indentation not matching the block structure.  Wrong indentation in
Python *is* a bug.  There's no other visual signal to hide the error.

> on dozens of occasions.  Being able to recover has been nice.  (So's being
> able to use fence matching to jump to the other end of a block.)

But I can see the other end of the block in Python.  I don't need any
tricks to make sure that it is the end.  And if your block is too big
to see the structure easily then that just means that some code should
be factored out to a method.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves