extracting variables accessed and written from function / rule-based function calls

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Mon Nov 1 20:15:14 EDT 2010

On 01/11/2010 23:38, James Mills wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM, MRAB<python at mrabarnett.plus.com>  wrote:
>> You might be interested by the story of how AstraZeneca tackled that
>> kind of problem in PyDrone: http://www.python.org/about/success/astra/
>
> This might be a good use-case (if I'm reading the post correctly) for
> "Traits" (1)
>
> cheers
> James
>
> 1. http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Traits/3.5.0

There's a difference between "Traits" and what PyDrone does.

In Traits, when a value changes, it notifies other values which depend
on it.

In PyDrone, there are constants, some of which depend on other
constants and need to be calculated. When a value is first requested it
is calculated, which might trigger the calculation of other values if
it's the first time that they've been requested, so no calculation
(work) is done until it's needed.