remote control firefox with python

News123 news1234 at free.fr
Sun Nov 28 10:22:33 EST 2010

Hi,

I wondered whether there is a simpe way to
'remote' control fire fox with python.

With remote controlling I mean:
- enter a url in the title bar and click on it
- create a new tab
- enter another url click on it
- save the html document of this page
- Probably the most difficult one: emulate a click or 'right click' on a
certain button or link of the current page.
- other interesting things would be to be able to enter the master
	password from a script
- to enable disable proxy settings while running.

The reason why I want to stay within Firefox and not use any other
'mechanize' frame work is, that the pages I want to automate might
contain a lot of javascript for the construction of the actual page.

Thanks in advance for any pointers ideas.