What's wrong with my logging configuration

rambius rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 16:07:11 EST 2010

Hello,

I am using python logging and as of today it stopped working. Here is
my program:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import base64
import getpass
import httplib
import logging
import logging.config
import sys
import urlparse

logging.config.fileConfig('logging.config')
logger = logging.getLogger(sys.argv[0])

def main():
    from optparse import OptionParser

    usage = '%prog -u <user> [options] <url>'
    parser = OptionParser(usage=usage)
    parser.add_option('-u', '--user',
                      help='The user that will be authenticated')

    (options, args) = parser.parse_args()
    if len(args) != 1:
        logger.error('Please provide a url')
        sys.exit(1)
    url = args[0]

    if not options.user:
        logger.error('Please provide a user')
        sys.exit(2)

    password = getpass.getpass('Password: ')

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

Here is my logging.config:

[loggers]
keys=root

[handlers]
keys=console,file

[formatters]
keys=consolefmt,filefmt

[formatter_consolefmt]
format=%(name)-12s: %(levelname)-8s %(message)s
class=logging.Formatter

[formatter_filefmt]
format=%(asctime)s %(name)-12s %(levelname)-8s %(message)s
datefmt=%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S

[handler_console]
class=StreamHandler
level=INFO
formatter=consolefmt
args=(sys.stdout,)

[handler_file]
class=FileHandler
level=DEBUG
formatter=filefmt
args=('dav.log', 'a')

[logger_root]
level=NOTSET
handlers=console,file

Yesterday, it was working and I have not touched it - logging has been
working for months. This morning it stopped working and I was
debugging it for half a day and I am clueless. It does not the errors
neither on the console nor in the log file.

I will appreciate any help! Thank you in advance!

Regards
Rambius