Extension on Windows

Eric Frederich eric.frederich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:12:30 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to create an extension on Windows and I may be over my
head but I have made it pretty far.

I am trying to create bindings for some libraries which require me to
use Visual Studio 2005.

I set up the spammodule example and in VS set the output file to be a .pyd file.
When I copy that .pyd file into site-packages I can use it just fine
and call system('dir').

Now when I created a 2nd function to wrap a library function I get the
following.

I added the correct additional include directories and specified the
correct .lib file to get it to compile fine without any errors.

What is going on here?  I tried running python with -vvv and got no
meaningful info... it just fails.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks,
~Eric