with HTTPConnection as conn:

trylks trylks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 06:46:07 EST 2010

Hi!

Would it be possible to use a with statement with an HTTPConnection object?

I know it is not possible at this moment, it doesn't implement an
__exit__ method, at least in version 3.1.1. I was wondering if the
__exit__ method should do something more than conn.close(), something
really hard or impossible, or if there are more requisites to use the
with statement beside of implementing that method. So far it seems
easy, useful and not done yet, so I'm probably mistaken about
something, and wondering what may that be.

Thank you.