Help: Guide needed in trying to delete/flush the content of a fifo file.

ton ph ph.ton.sharma at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 09:48:38 EST 2010

Hi python geeks,
  I have  problem which i have been trying to find out for the past some
days, i have a device which feeds info to my fifo continuosly, and a thread
of mine reads the
fifo continuosly. Now when i change a parameter in the device, it sends me
different values. Now my problem is that , i want to get rid of the contents
of my previous info which
is present in my buffer of the fifo.So i want to flush the fifo content when
my device starts sending different info .... i am implementing writing and
reading the fifo  using two different threads.
Please someone guide me solving my problem.
I highly apologise everyone in case my post is not so clear...
Thanks everyone in advance.