Extending Thunderbird mail client with Python

John Bond lists at asd-group.com
Thu Nov 11 23:48:29 EST 2010

Anyone have any experience with this, ideally using Python 3?

I'd like to sync my Thunderbird contacts with various things including
my mobile phone. Of course, I want to do it with Python! I've seen some
stuff around, eg. an XPI that provides Python bindings to the Mozilla
XPCOM APIs (through which I imagine you can access Thunderbird data like
its contacts database), but it doesn't seem maintained or ported to
Python 3.

Cheers, JB