where are the program that are written in python?

Sandy Ydnas cde3 at live.com
Mon May 31 11:58:16 EDT 2010

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Python_software

List of Python software

>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to:navigation, search

This article needs additional citations for verification.
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (March 2008)
The Python programming language is actively used by many people, both in industry and academia for a wide variety of purposes.

Contents[hide]

1 Integrated development environments
2 Applications
3 Web Applications
4 Video games
5 Web frameworks
6 Graphics frameworks
7 GUI frameworks
8 Scientific packages
9 Mathematical libraries
10 Additional development packages
11 Embedded as a scripting language
12 Commercial uses
13 Python implementations
14 References
15 External links

[edit] Integrated development environments

Boa Constructor, a cross-platform IDE for Python development
EasyEclipse, an open source IDE for Python and other languages
Eric, an IDE for Python and Ruby
PIDA, open source IDE written in Python capable of embedding other text editors, such as Vim
Stani's Python Editor (SPE), a cross-platform IDE for Python development
Webware for Python, a suite of programming tools for constructing web-based applications in Python
Wing IDE, an IDE for Python
NetBeans, is written in Java and runs everywhere where a JVM is installed.
[edit] Applications

Anki, a spaced repetition flashcard program
Bazaar, a free distributed revision control system
BitTorrent, original client, along with several derivatives
BuildBot, a continuous integration system
Calibre, an open source e-book management tool
Chandler, a personal information manager including calendar, email, tasks and notes support that is currently under development
Decibel Audio Player, an open source audio player
Deluge, a BitTorrent client for GNOME
emesene, a MSN/WLM substitute
Exaile, an open source audio player
Gajim, an instant messaging client for the XMPP protocol
GRAMPS, an open source genealogy software
Gwibber, a microblogging client
Impressive (ex. KeyJnote), a presentation software
Juice, a popular podcast downloader
Mercurial a cross-platform, distributed source management tool
Miro, a cross-platform internet television application
Morpheus, file-sharing client/server software operated by the company StreamCast
MusicBrainz Picard, a cross-platform MusicBrainz tag editor
Nicotine, a PyGTK Soulseek client
OpenLP, lyrics projection software
OpenShot Video Editor
PiTiVi, a non-linear video editor
Portage, the heart of Gentoo Linux, an advanced package management system based on the BSD-style ports system
Quake Army Knife, an environment for developing 3D maps for games based on the Quake engine
Resolver One, a spreadsheet
Sage (sagemath) combines more than 20 main opensource math packages and provides easy to use web interface with the help of Python
SCons, a tool for building software
Ubuntu Software Center, a graphical package manager, installed by default in Ubuntu 9.10 and higher
Wammu, a mobile phone management utility
Wicd, a network manager for Linux
YUM, a package management utility for RPM-compatible Linux operating systems
[edit] Web Applications

ERP5, a powerful open source ERP / CRM used in Aerospace, Apparel, Banking and for e-government
GNU Mailman, one of the more popular packages for running email mailing lists
MoinMoin, a popular wiki engine
Planet, a feed aggregator
Plone, a user-friendly and powerful open source content management system
Projectplace, Europe’s Leading Online Service for Project Collaboration
Roundup, a bug tracking system
ViewVC, a web-based interface for browsing CVS and SVN repositories
Trac, web-based bug/issue tracking database, wiki, and version control front-end
MediaCore Video CMS is an open source media focused content management system.
[edit] Video games

Civilization IV uses Python for most of its tasks
Battlefield 2 uses Python for all of its addons and a lot of its functionality
Eve Online uses Stackless Python
Freedom Force
Frets on Fire uses Python and Pygame
The Temple of Elemental Evil, a computer role-playing game based on the classic Greyhawk Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, a computer role-playing game based on the World of Darkness campaign setting
Vega Strike, an open source space simulator
[edit] Web frameworks

CherryPy, an object-oriented web application server and framework
Django, an MVC (model, view, controller) web framework
Pylons, a lightweight web framework emphasizing flexibility and rapid development
Quixote, a framework for developing Web applications in Python
Topsite Templating System, another Python-powered web framework
TurboGears, a web framework combining CherryPy, SQLObject, and Kid
web2py, a full-stack enterprise web application framework, following the MVC design
Zope, an application server, commonly used to build content management systems
[edit] Graphics frameworks

Pygame, Python bindings for SDL
Pyglet, a cross-platform windowing and multimedia library for Python
Python Imaging Library, a module for working with images
Python-Ogre, a Python Language binding for the OGRE 3D engine
Soya3D, a high-level 3D game engine for Python
[edit] GUI frameworks

PyGTK, a popular cross-platform GUI library based on GTK+; furthermore, other GNOME libraries also have bindings for Python
PyQt, another cross-platform GUI library based on Qt; as above, KDE libraries have bindings too
wxPython, a port of wxWidgets and a cross-platform GUI library for Python
[edit] Scientific packages

Biopython, a Python molecular biology suite
SciPy, a library of scientific and numerical routines
SimPy, a discrete-event simulation package
stsci python, a library library of Python routines and C extensions that has been developed to provide a general astronomical data analysis infrastructure, developed by STScI
[edit] Mathematical libraries

matplotlib, an extension providing MATLAB-like plotting and mathematical functions
NumPy, a language extension that adds support for large and fast, multi-dimensional arrays and matrices
PyIMSL Studio is a Python distribution which includes the IMSL math and statistics Libraries from Visual Numerics (a Rogue Wave Software company)
Sage Math is a large mathematical software application which integrates the work of nearly 100 free software projects and supports linear algebra, combinatorics, numerical mathematics, calculus, and more.
SymPy, a computer algebra system
[edit] Additional development packages

Cheetah, a Python-powered template engine and code-generation tool
IPython, a powerful development shell both written in and designed for Python
Jinja, a Python-powered template engine, inspired by Django's template engine
mod python, an Apache module allowing direct integration of Python scripts with the Apache web server
PYthon Remote Objects, a Distributed Object Technology
PyObjC, a Python-Objective C bridge that allows one to write Mac OS X software in Python
Twisted, a networking framework for Python
[edit] Embedded as a scripting language
Python is, or can be used as the scripting language in these software products.

Amarok
AMESim
ArcGIS, a prominent GIS platform, allows extensive modelling using Python
Autodesk Softimage (formerly Softimage|XSI)
Blender
Boxee, a cross-platform home theater PC software
Corel Paint Shop Pro
DSHub
Epiphany
EventScripts, plugin for Valve's Source engine
gedit
GIMP
GNAT The GNAT programming chain tool (Ada language implementation in GNU gcc), as a GNATcoll reusable components for the applications (with or without PyGTK) and as a scripting language for the commands in the GPS programming environment
Inkscape
Autodesk Maya (version 8.5 and newer only)
Modo
Nuke (compositing for visual effects)
Poser, a 3D rendering and animation software program, that uses for scripting a special dialect of Python, called PoserPython
PyMOL, a popular molecular viewer that embeds Python for scripting and integration
QGIS uses Python for scripting and plugin-development
Rhythmbox
Scribus
SPSS statistical software SPSS Programmability Extension allows users to extend the SPSS command syntax language with Python
Totem, a media player for the GNOME desktop environment
Vim
VisIt
WeeChat, a console IRC client
[edit] Commercial uses

CCP hf uses Stackless Python in both its server and client side applications for its MMO Eve Online[1]
Google uses Python for many tasks including the backends of web apps such as Google Groups, Gmail, and Google Maps, as well as for some of its search-engine internals
Autodesk Maya, professional 3D modeler allows Python scripting as an alternative to MEL as of version 8.5
NASA is using Python to implement a CAD/CAE/PDM repository and model management, integration, and transformation system which will be the core infrastructure for its next-generation collaborative engineering environment[citation needed]
reddit was originally written in Common Lisp, but was rewritten in Python in 2005[2]
Yahoo! Groups uses Python "to maintain its discussion groups"
YouTube uses Python "to produce maintainable features in record times, with a minimum of developers"[3]
[edit] Python implementations

CPython - the reference implementation
IronPython - Python for .NET and Mono platforms
Jython - Python coded in Java
Parrot - virtual machine being developed mainly as the runtime for Perl 6, but with the intent to also support dynamic languages like Python, Ruby, Tcl, etc.
Psyco - not an implementation, but JIT compiler for CPython
PyPy - Python coded in Python
Stackless Python - Python with coroutines
Unladen Swallow - the Python implementation from the Google team
[edit] References

^ http://www.eve-online.com/faq/faq_07.asp
^ http://blog.reddit.com/2005/12/on-lisp.html
^ http://www.python.org/about/quotes