MySQLdb install vs. "setuptools"

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun May 30 06:22:28 EDT 2010

Really, this shouldn't happen if you really are using a
non-root version of Python:

>      [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/test-easy-install-22015.write-test'

I don't think setuptools is dumb enough to hardcode things like
"/usr/local/lib/python2.6/", so the error is probably yours here.
Perhaps you should double-check you did everything fine before posting
such a rant.

Of course, if by "freshly-built version of Python", you mean you didn't
run "make install" in any way, then it's your problem. Give
"./configure" an appropriate non-root prefix and don't forget to run
"make install" at the end.