dbf files and indexes

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sat May 29 19:00:14 EDT 2010

On Sat, 29 May 2010 13:45:37 -0700 (PDT)
Bryan <bryanjugglercryptographer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You're not doing the query optimizer any favors. It can normalize the
> query to the same thing either way, so we might as well write it to be
> readable by people. I can read D'Arcy's at a glance.

Assuming that you are running a decent *cough* PostgreSQL *cough*
database engine.  Readable is good.  If you have a problem with your
queries chances are that reorganizing your data or adding proper
indexes will do more for you than contorted SQL will.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves