asyncore loop and cmdloop problem

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue May 25 06:20:29 EDT 2010

On May 25, 12:03 pm, Giampaolo Rodolà <g.rod... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Too bad cmdloop() doesn't provide an argument to return immediately.
> Why don't you submit this patch on the bug tracker?
>
> --- Giampaolohttp://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlibhttp://code.google.com/p/psutil

Because it is not a bug, cmd was designed to be blocking. It would be
a feature request.
I wrote a cmd2 module a few years ago, which was intended as a
replacement for cmd with various
additional features (including the non blocking behavior). We are
using it in production, but I
have never published it (I intended to but, you know, a days has only
24 hours ;)
I should put together the code in a single file and publish it, but I
cannot guarantee if and when I will have the time to do so.