where are the program that are written in python?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Sat May 22 00:49:39 EDT 2010

On May 21, 3:21 am, Deep_Feelings <doctore... at gmail.com> wrote:
> please don't mention programs where python was used as a glue ,those
> programs are not actually written in python.

I hate to answer a troll, but I'll just mention that when people talk
about a "glue language", they're not talking about using some Python
code to connect two big systems together (although Python is good for
that).

What they are saying is that Python is a good language to serve as
high-level logic interfacing lots of different library codes--often
but not always written in faster languages--together in one program.
In that case, yes, the program is written in Python.

The word "glue" is probably not the best metaphor, since to most
people it means "something you use to connect two objects together".
A better metaphor would be like a "substrate language".

A lot of materials do use a form of glue as the substrate, but never
mind that.

Carl Banks