where are the program that are written in python?

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:20:04 EDT 2010

On May 21, 5:21 am, Deep_Feelings <doctore... at gmail.com> wrote:

> i could not see many programs written in python

Well you could try PyPi, or even a search on googlecode.

> (i will be interested
> more in COMMERCIAL programs written in python ).

What do you mean by commercial, and why?

> and to be honest ,i
> tried some of the programs in that list and all the programs that i
> tried either dead projects or so buggy !

So, you want us to believe that you desperately want to pay someone
for working Python software, but are finding it hard to find some?

> 1- where are the programs that is written in python ?

All over the place.

> 2- python is high productivity language : why there are no commercial
> programs written in python ?

There are a lot of commercial programs written in Python.  But any
company which thinks it has a lock on some kind of super secret sauce
isn't going to use Python, because it's very easy to reverse engineer
even compiled Python programs.  Also, any company in a competitive
market where execution speed is extremely important might choose some
other language because, frankly, the fact that a development tool is
highly productive is not something that the end user directly cares
about.  (But the up-front choice of another language simply for speed,
rather than prototyping with Python and then recoding the slow bits,
would probably be a decision borne of ignorance.)

> is python a valid practical programming language ?

Absolutely.  I've been using it heavily for 11 years, for real work,
for which I get paid.

> why it is not used in commercial software ?

What makes you think that it's not?  Is this some kind of "big lie"
strategy?  To what end?

> any help will be appreciated

It's hard to help when you don't describe the problem.  Reading
between the lines, the most charitable and probable interpretation of
your problem I can come up with is that you think you're going to
create a multi-billion dollar computer program and you're desperately
trying to validate your preconceived notion that Python isn't the
language to write it in. Sorry, but I can't help with that.

Regards,
Pat