Picking a license

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 18 22:54:04 EDT 2010

This thread is already off-topic and too long. I'm conflicted about my
role in that; I have endeavoured only to address falsehoods that IMO
were not otherwise being addressed.

So I'll try to keep this brief.

Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:

> This doesn't make sense to me, but I'm willing to learn -- how do you
> do this in practice? Are you really selling the software

Perhaps in private email we can discuss what you mean by “really selling
the software”; it's too off-topic here. By my understanding of that
term, yes, I am selling software.

> or rather selling things like setup, support, new code (or time to
> code), etc?

All of the above, depending on the project.

--
 \       “If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd |
  `\                 better not start writing it.” —Edsger W. Dijkstra |