an element from a set

Mon May 17 02:21:17 EDT 2010

On Sun, 16 May 2010 21:53:21 -0700, Carl Banks wrote:

> I've never had to do it (at least not in any situations where I had any
> reluctance to call list on it), but it seems like a fairly bad
> limitation.  Random element from a set is such a natural idea.

There was a long discussion on the Python-Dev mailing list about that. As
I recall, there was no consensus about this, and the moratorium hit, so
as far as I can tell it went absolutely nowhere.

The thread started here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2009-October/093227.html

and there was a patch here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2009-October/093228.html