Access to comp.lang.python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun May 16 01:00:07 EDT 2010

On 5/15/2010 6:34 PM, cjw wrote:
> This isn't about Python but I'm seeking suggestions as to the best way
> to access the newsgroup.
>
> It seems that messages are coming from a number of sources, such as
> gmane and google groups.
>
> The problem is that many messages seem to get unlinked from their threads.

Some people have said that that is due to newreaders not tagging

> I use Thunderbird 3.0.5 and wonder whether the problem lies with the
> merge process, the server or my reader.
>
> Would it be better to go to gmane, google groups or some such provider.

I believe some spam (like from Google accounts) is filtered out between
c.l.p and python-list. Gmane mirrors python-list, not c.l.p., so it gets
the benefit of the filtering. You can see from the headers that that is
where I post from.

tjr