Do any debuggers support "edit and continue?"

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 16:31:05 EDT 2010

On May 12, 12:44 pm, "Joel Koltner" <zapwireDASHgro... at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I find myself making mistakes in typing the name of classes and/or methods
> when I'm first getting started with them (there are some thousands of them
> after all, and even of commonly used classes/methods you're probably talking
> upwards of a hundred), *particularly* when using libraries such as wxWidgets
> that use "fancy" imports that aren't correctly picked up by the "code
> intelligence" analyzers in, e.g., Komodo or Wing.

Are you implying that you then run the code, and - after a handful of
higher-level calls - control flow gets down to the lines you just
typed, and the run fails because they are misspelled? The only fix is
decoupling, and _expecting_ your first few debugger or test runs to
fail.

Other than that, lolwut?