Do any debuggers support "edit and continue?"

Sandy Sandy cde3 at live.com
Wed May 12 13:56:38 EDT 2010

good question
I also looking for debugging tools like Matlab in Python

do you know how to stop in breakpoint investigate the variables by using graphics in  figures and continue
the
mutter is:

during debugging the  debug processes stacks when fig is created

for example, in code

import random

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

from pylab import *

x= 23;

y = 111111;

print(23456)

plt.plot(range(10))

plot([1,2,3])

show()

print(11111111)

a=888

it is impossible after show() to continue debug

as stated in

Beginning Python Visualization - Crafting Visual Transformation Scripts (2009)

page  187

Note If you’re not using matplotlib interactively in Python, be sure

to call the function show() after all

graphs have been generated, as it enters a user interface main loop

that will stop execution of the rest of

your code. The reason behind this behavior is that matplotlib is

designed to be embedded in a GUI as well.

In Windows, if you’re working from interactive Python, you need only

issue show() once; close the figures

(or figures) to return to the shell. Subsequent plots will be drawn

automatically without issuing show(), and

you’ll be able to plot graphs interactively.

the problem is that after show() the debugger stacks

the decision can be to use threads like this

from pylab import plot,show,ion
ion()
x = range(10)
plot(x)