Picking a license

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sat May 8 23:03:32 EDT 2010

"Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org> writes:
> I fail to see what is morally wrong with it. When I ,as the author,
> share my work to the public, I should have made peace with the fact
> that I, for all intends and purposes, lost control over its use.

Does the same thing apply to Microsoft?  If I get a copy of MS Office,
do you think I should be able to incorporate its code into my own
products for repackaging and sale any way that I want, without their
having any say?  If not, why should Microsoft be entitled to do that
with software that -I- write?  Is there something in the water making
people think these inequitable things?  If Microsoft's licenses are
morally respectable then so is the GPL.