Picking a license

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sat May 8 22:58:48 EDT 2010

Carl Banks <pavlovevidence at gmail.com> writes:
> People who esteem their users give them freedom to use software
> however they see fit, including combining it with proprietary
> software.

Huh????  That makes no sense at all.  Why should a standard like that be
expected from free software developers, when it isn't expected from the
makers of the proprietary software who you're proposing deserve to rake
in big bucks from locking up other people's work that they didn't pay
for?

I've got no problem writing stuff for inclusion in proprietary products.
But I do that as a professional, which means I expect to get paid for
it.  And I think you have the "esteem" issue backwards.  Users who
esteem developers who write and share software for community benefit,
should not whine and pout that the largesse doesn't extend as far as
inviting monopolistic corporations to lock it away from further sharing.