Django as exemplary design

TomF tomf.sessile at gmail.com
Thu May 6 22:48:12 EDT 2010

On 2010-05-06 18:20:02 -0700, Trent Nelson said:
>> I'm interested in improving my python design by studying a large,
>> well-designed codebase.
>
> I'll tell you one of the best ways to improve your Python code: attend
> one of Raymond Hettinger's Code Clinic workshops at a Python conference
> and put some up of your work up on the projector for 20+ developers to
> rip apart, line by line ;-)  You'll pick up more in 30 minutes than you
> ever thought possible.

I don't doubt it.  But I'm not really interested in line (micro) level
code issues at the moment. Not that my code couldn't stand being
improved, but I'm more interested in seeing how medium/large OO python
systems are designed.  If I could get this from a book I would, but I
suspect I need to study real code.

-Tom