Picking a license (was Re: new extension generator for C++)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu May 6 16:22:30 EDT 2010

In article <4BE05D75.7030301 at msn.com>,
Rouslan Korneychuk  <rouslank at msn.com> wrote:

>The only question I have now is what about licensing? Is that something
>I need to worry about? Should I go with LGPL, MIT, or something else?

Which license you use depends partly on your political philosophy.
Unless you have an aggressively Stallmanesque attitude that people using
your code should be forced to contribute back any changes, stick with
MIT.  (Generally speaking, the less encumbrance in your code, the more
likely people are to use it, if your goal is to encourage users.)

--Bill Harlan