Sharing a program I wrote

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 00:16:56 EDT 2010

On 05/05/10 13:25, Scott wrote:
> James,
>
> Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I would like to post it to
> comp.lang.python but the main file is 169 lines long and the file for
> functions is 316 lines long. I'm thinking that is a little long for
> this format. Maybe I can put them up on a basic web page or file
> sharing site and just post a link. Is that well received on this
> forum?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Make it as easy as possible for people to get to your code; file sharing
site isn't very good for this (especially those that have wait time and
download limits and if you have to zip your file). If you're setting up
a webpage you need to take care not to mess up special characters. Using
pastebin is fairly well-received as people won't have to save the file
to their harddrive to see the content and their page is specifically set
up for displaying code (syntax highlighting and stuffs).

If your code is specifically reusable or if it illustrates a certain
concept, posting it as Activestate recipe is great as well.