Teaching Programming

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue May 4 12:07:25 EDT 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010 17:00:11 +0200
Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
> Although I have little or no experience with this, I still dare to say
> that I don't agree. The difference is that in C you do not _need_ to
> know where in the braces-defined hierarchy you are. You just embed or
> change a piece of code at the right location. In Python however you
> _do_ need to know how far your code is to be indented.

Well, I'm afraid your lack of experience shows.  Experienced C coders
will tell you that one of the most annoying things is counting braces
to make sure that you have the right number in the right places.  In
fact, they add indentation so that they can use the visual layout to
check the brace layout.  Braces are the added step.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves