Teaching Programming

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 11:45:32 EDT 2010

Ed Keith <e_... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Tabs are always a problem when writing Python. I get
> around this problem by setting my text editor to expand
> all tabs with spaces when editing Python, but I have had
> problems when coworkers have not done this.

It's best not to trust others to do the right thing. I do trust Tools/
scripts/reindent.py more though :)

> Don't get me wrong, I love working in Python. It is one
> of my favorite languages, but it, like all other languages,
> is not perfect.

I was genuinely interested in the problems you hit as I have some hazy
projects in mind that I was planning on trying to handle via code
generation. Context managers seem the best place to first try dealing
with it. If you're interested I can keep you posted when I finally
have some working code.

Cheers for the clarification.