HTTP server + SQLite?

Gilles Ganault nospam at nospam.com
Tue May 4 11:28:26 EDT 2010

On Mon, 3 May 2010 23:07:08 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
<bryanjugglercryptographer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>I love SQLite because it solves problems I actually have. For the vast
>majority of code I write, "lite" is a good thing, and lite as it is,
>SQLite can handle several transactions per second. I give SQLite a
>file path and in a split second I have a relational, transactional
>database. Great. I did not want to configure a server and I sure did
>not want to inflict complexity upon my users.

Exactly. I need a safe way to share an SQLite database among a few
years, but sharing a drive isn't safe but I also don't need a
full-fledged DBMS like MySQL.

At this point, as an alternative to a Python-based solution, it seems
like Mongoose + Lua + SQLite could do the trick.