Teaching Programming

André andre.roberge at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:23:00 EDT 2010

To Samuel Williams:    (and other interested ;-)

If you want to consider Python in education, I would encourage you
have a look at http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/edu-sig/

I think you will find that there are quite a few resources available -
perhaps more than you are aware of.

And, I don't think that because "some people do not like the
indentation strategy" is a valid reason not to consider that Python's
syntax is concise and simple.   Actually, I would almost argue for the
contrary.  Indentation indicate programming structure/logic very
clearly, without the need for arbitrary keywords and other punctuation
symbols.   There are very few keywords in the language.

You indicate that Python programs are readable.  They are also known
to be short  (much shorter than some other languages).
André