Help needed in downloading Brown corpus

Adil Kaleem kaleem.adil at gmail.com
Sun May 2 02:09:24 EDT 2010

On May 2, 6:30 am, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 01 May 2010 06:28:33 -0700, Adil Kaleem wrote:
> > Hi all
> > I'm a masters student in NLP. I needed to download the Brown corpus. I'm
> > unable to download from nltk.org with the python CLI. My network
> > connection is behind a proxy server so it's creating a problem. Since I
> > don't know a bit of python, so unable to figure a way out.
>
> This has nothing to do with Python, it is a network issue. Talk to your
> network administrator and get him to fix the proxy, or give you a way to
> bypass it. Or if you have an internet connection at home, download it
> from there.
>
> --
> Steven

Hi Steven,
It all had to do with configuring the network from Python IDLE,
aliter: It all had to do with Python. I could have done it, the
bypasssing. But I couldn't have learned anything if I hadn't fought
with the problem, of course it was Shashank Singh from this group who
helped me through. Bypassing is always not good, atleast for me and
therefore I came to seek the help of you all.
Thanks Steven in reading and replying to my problem.

--
Adil