Does pickled objects work fine between different OS?

Oltmans rolf.oltmans at gmail.com
Wed May 26 09:43:47 EDT 2010

If I dump a Python dictionary into a file named "data.pkl" using
Pickle module on a Linux operating system, will the data contained in
"data.pkl" load fine in a Windows OS? I mean will I be able to load
the dictionary data contained in "data.pkl" just fine on Windows XP?

I could have tested it but don't have immediate access to a *nix based
system so please enlighten me. All help will be appreciated.