Where is python31.dll?

Pietro Campesato pietro.campe at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:26:18 EDT 2010

Hi,
recently I've been wondering how to roll my own portable python 3.1
(since there seems to be no portable app specifically for this
version). Thinking you can just copy your install folder (+ python's
dll), I've noticed that there seems to be no python31.dll in my
systems folder (c:\windows\system32\).

I cannot find the dll inside the python installation folder either.
Another reason I'm asking is because what I've found on the net so far
tells you to look for this dll specifically. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Alex

PS: my setup is version 3.1.2 on windows vista