"Usability, the Soul of Python"

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Mar 30 21:04:43 EDT 2010

On 30Mar2010 10:25, Chris Colbert <sccolbert at gmail.com> wrote:
| not really, the int will eventually overflow and cycle around ;)
|
| On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Xavier Ho <contact at xavierho.com> wrote:
|
| > Did no one notice that
| > for(i = 99; i > 0; ++i)
| > Gives you an infinite loop (sort of) because i starts a 99, and increases
| > every loop?

And here we see the strength of the Usability example; in Python it
won't overflow, rather seguing seamlessly into an increasing expensive
arbitrary sized int. Though most machines will eventually run out of
memory to hold it...
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Surely it was of this place, now Cambridge but formerly known by the name of
Babylon, that the prophet spoke when he said, 'the wild beasts of the desert
shall dwell there, and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures, and
owls shall build there, and satyrs shall dance there.'
        - Thomas Gray (1716-1771)