Revisiting Generators and Subgenerators

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Mar 26 18:28:28 EDT 2010

On 26Mar2010 07:29, Sebastien Binet <seb.binet at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Mar 25, 10:39 pm, Winston <winst... at stratolab.com> wrote:
| > A Baton object for generators to allow subfunction to yield, and to
| > make them symetric.
|
| isn't a Baton what CSP calls a channel ?

I was thinking about this (roughly) in the shower this morning before
seeing this message.

One difference is that a Channel or zero-storage Queue lets the putter
continue execution after the put (or at least the other side's get). A
co-routine won't proceed until later, no? So a co-routine setup will do
lazier computation than a similar threaded setup.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Principles have no real force except when one is well fed.      - Mark Twain