Python is cool!!

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:04:55 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> On 23/03/2010 16:55, Jose Manuel wrote:
>>
>> I have been learning Python, and it is amazing .... I am using the
>> tutorial that comes with the official distribution.
>>
>> At the end my goal is to develop applied mathematic in engineering
>> applications to be published on the Web, specially on app. oriented to
>> simulations and control systems, I was about to start learning Java
>> but I found Python which seems easier to learn that Java.
>>
>> Would it be easy to integrate Python in Web pages with HTML? I have
>> read many info on Internet saying it is, and I hope so ....
>
> You probably want to be looking at IronPython and Silverlight.
> In fact, the prolific Michael Foord has already produced an
> example of this, which gives you the Python tutorial online!
>
>  http://trypython.org
>
> TJG

Granted that I know next to nothing about webwork, but
is there a reason why you recommended a competing,
nonstandard technology rather than simply pointing him
towards more standards compliant tools that exist to do
exactly what he asked for? Seems a bit dodgy to
advocate a closed solution when the alternative has 100%
market share.

Geremy Condra