Writing tests for the Python bug tracker

Mark Dickinson dickinsm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 06:56:51 EDT 2010

On Mar 20, 6:23 am, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> I have two reported bugs in the bug tracker waiting on tests:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue8128http://bugs.python.org/issue4037
>
> Are there any guidelines for writing tests for the standard library and
> language?

Not that I can think of, beyond those you've already mentioned.  I
mostly just copy the style of existing tests (though there are
definitely some test_*** files that aren't particularly well written).

For quick questions, you might get good answers by asking on the
#python-dev freenode IRC channel:  a good few of the people interested
in testing (esp. Michael Foord, Ezio Melotti) can often be found
there.

--
Mark