should writing Unicode files be so slow

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 19 19:01:44 EDT 2010

"Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> Ok. Your test program is too large to determine what's going on. Try
> to determine first *which* part is slow:

Right. This is done by the diagnostic technique of writing *new*,
minimal, complete programs that exercise each piece of the functionality
separately.

You're not tinkering with the existing program that's misbehaving;
you're trying to *recreate* the misbehaviour under a simpler
environment.

Hope that helps. Feel free to continue posting complete minimal programs
that exercise one thing and show behaviour you're unsure about.

--
 \         “We now have access to so much information that we can find |
  `\  support for any prejudice or opinion.” —David Suzuki, 2008-06-27 |