What does Error: 'module' object is not callable Mean?

Cal Who CalWhoNOSPAM at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 14 16:58:54 EDT 2010

Thanks for the replies.
That fixed it but produced another problem.

There are two plotting routines below.
Either one will work without error.
But the combo produces:
The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the
application at location 0x1e05b62a.
in a dialog box and the following in the console
Fatal Python error: PyEval_RestoreThread: NULL tstate

way.

Do you see what isa wrong?

Second question: Is it common to group all the "from" statements at the top
of the program
or to put them by the relavent code as I have here?

Thanks a lot

try:

#Or we can use the two commented statements

#from ffnet.tools import drawffnet

from ffnet.tools.drawffnet import drawffnet

import pylab

#drawffnet.drawffnet(nn)

drawffnet(nn)

pylab.show()

except ImportError, e:

print "Cannot make drawffnet plot.\n%s" % e

?

?

# Plot adapted from

# http://ffnet.sourceforge.net/examples/stock.html

# Make plot if matplotlib is avialble

try:

from pylab import *

plot( targets2, 'b--' )

plot( output, 'k-' )

legend(('target', 'output'))

xlabel('pattern'); ylabel('benign or malignant')

title('Outputs vs. target of trained network.')

grid(True)

show()

except ImportError, e:

print "Cannot make plots. For plotting install matplotlib.\n%s" % e

?

?