Some PyCon videos won't play

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Mar 14 11:14:27 EDT 2010

On Saturday 13 March 2010 20:01, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 3/13/2010 11:23 AM, Lee Harr wrote:
>>
>> I am having a great time watching videos from PyCon. Thanks to
>> everyone who presented, and to those who did such a great job
>> putting the videos up at: http://pycon.blip.tv/
>>
>> My trouble is that, although most of the videos play perfectly,
>> there are a few that refuse to play at all. Like:

[...]

>> Is anyone else having trouble with these?
>
> Yes, 'spinner' spins indefinitely, while others load and play.

You should still be able to get at the videos themselves by inspecting
the page contents, looking for download links like this one:

http://blip.tv/file/get/Pycon-PyCon2010UsingPythonToCreateRoboticSimulationsForPlaneta894.ogv

In this case, it's an Ogg Theora video file, so you may want to use
a player like VLC to view it:

http://www.videolan.org/

David