python to exe

David Monaghan monaghand.david at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 20:00:16 EST 2010

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:52:39 -0600, John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> wrote:

>Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:
>
>> As the old proverb goes: give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.
>> Teach him how to fish, and he has food forever.
>
>True, but you don't teach someone fishing by poking an eye out with a
>fishing rod.
>
>> I'm an old-fashioned kind of guy, and don't like LMGTFY because it is
>> tiresome and requires Javascript. I prefer:
>
>My reply had little to do with lmgtfy and all to do with hiding it behind
>tinyurl. But even then, why not do what you just did: give a URL to
>google directly.
>
>For quite some time I thought that comp.lang.perl.misc was quite
>unfriendly because of a certain attitude. comp.lang.python was quite a
>refreshment for a while: very newbie friendly, less pissing contests,
>etc. (but way more fanboism).
>
>Yesterday was a sady day: I finally had to conclude that it was only
>wishful thinking on my part; there is no difference.

There was a time, when the internet was young and most newbies couldn't find
their own backsides with both hands, that your conclusions would be well
placed.That time has long passed: Newsgroups are a long way down the
hierarchy since those times and anyone turning up here nowadays _has_ heard
of Google. If they haven't used it, I don't really consider the gentle
reminder that LMGTFY gives too harsh. If you do, you're too much of a gentle
soul to be on the internet at all; someone might say "Boo" to you at any
moment. Beware.

DaveM