Anything like "Effective Java" for Python?

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Fri Mar 12 10:50:21 EST 2010

kj wrote:

> Subject line pretty much says it all: is there a book like "Effective
> Java" for Python.  I.e. a book that assumes that readers are
> experienced programmers that already know the basics of the language,
> and want to focus on more advanced programming issues?
>
> ~K

Effective Java is a good book, it is not like most people responding to
this topic a "how to program in Java"
book but a "I know how to program in Python, but I want it to run fast
and use a minimal amount of memory".
I would have liked to have such a book for Python when I was past the
language learning stage.

Gabriel