Knight's tour Warndorff's algorithm problem

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Mar 10 17:09:58 EST 2010

On 2010-03-10, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <mailman.527.1268199449.23598.python-list at python.org>, Gabriel
> Genellina wrote:
>
>> Warnsdorff's algorithm is heuristic ...
>
> Then it shouldn???t be called an ???algorithm???.

Why?  An algorithm is just a well-defined series of steps.

Just because it uses heuristics doesn't mean it's not an algorithm.
In my book it's still an algorithm even if it never produces a correct
result.  It's just not a very _good_ algorithm. :)

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! YOU PICKED KARL
                                  at               MALDEN'S NOSE!!