libc Sleep api performs a busy waiting

Joe Fox fox.joe87 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 23:13:58 EST 2010

Hi,

 actually i have simplified my scenario a lot here ,

In my actual case , i have to call a C-api which blocks on  c select , in a
separate thread.

my thread is getting struck in that api , and thus blocking all the other
threads.
Can you point to something which will help me call this blocking C-api call
without my thread getting struck.

Thanks
Mahesh