python b.python 8 works on XP but not on Vista?

Sat Mar 6 21:50:02 EST 2010

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 21:10:02 -0500, ssteinerX at gmail.com wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2010, at 8:23 PM, Isaac Gouy wrote:

>>> The code in b.py matters. I /suspect/ it's importing itself somehow
>>> (probably indirectly), and Python doesn't look for ".python" files
>>> when importing, so it fails with an ImportError. But since you haven't
>>> shown the code, I can only guess.
>>
>> Yes the code in b.py matters.
>>
>> Why it matters is that there was another difference between XP and
>> Vista - the XP machine was single core but the Vista machine was multi
>> core - and the code behaves differently in each case.
>
> Yes, and the XP machine's case was blue, therefore case color is
> important, too.

Don't forget that the XP machine was on the left hand side of the desk,
and the Vista machine on the right. I suspect Isaac needs to physically
move the Vista machine to the left side, and it will work perfectly.

Either that, or stop pissing around and show us the actual stack trace so
we can actually help. Isaac, stop *guessing* what the problem is.

If you have to guess, try to make your guesses realistic. It's not likely
anything to do with the CPU. If anything, Python's search path is
different on your Vista and XP machines.

--
Steven