Method / Functions - What are the differences?

John Posner jjposner at optimum.net
Wed Mar 3 18:56:07 EST 2010

On 3/3/2010 6:33 PM, Eike Welk wrote:

> I have two small ideas for improvement:
> - Swap the first two paragraphs. First say what it is, and then give the
> motivation.

No problem -- since this is a Wiki, you can perform the swap yourself!
(If you haven't done it in a day or so, I'll do the deed.)

> - The section about the descriptor protocol is a bit difficult to
> understand. But judging from the official descriptor documentation, it seems
> to be hard to explain: The official documentation is nearly incomprehensible
> (IMHO).

I empathize -- it took me a while to grok descriptors. I was thinking
today about "doing a Bruno", and producing similar pieces on:

* properties created with the @property decorator

* the descriptor protocol

I'll try to produce something over the next couple of days.

-John